New features and enhancements:
Implemented Prepay and Postpay models for the same customer
The platform now supports simultaneous using both Prepay and Postpay models for different subscriptions by the same customer:
- It is possible to choose the payment model in the Operator Control Panel as follows:
- For an Account Class, the Operator can set the default payment model. The default payment model is applied for subscriptions ordered in the Customer Control Panel.
- For a subscription ordered in the Operator Control Panel, the Operator can use the default payment model or choose the different payment model.
- The Prepay and Postpay models have independent settings:
- For the Postpay model, the Subscription Credit Limit and Payment Expiration Period. The settings are applied for each subscription independently. When a subscription credit limit is reached, only the corresponding subscription stops.
- For the Prepay model, the Financial Blocking Threshold and the ability to pay with the negative balance. The Credit Hold status of an Account affects subscriptions with the Prepay model only. The "
- In the Customer Control Panel, on the Subscriptions page, the debt for the current financial period and credit limit for subscription are displayed for subscriptions with the Postpay model.
- The following notification events have been implemented:
- Changes of the subscription credit limit and financial blocking threshold. Correspondingly, the prior notification "Account balance has reached the limit" has been renamed to "Financial blocking threshold changed".
- Approaching the account credit hold and subscription credit limit. Correspondingly, the prior notification "Credit limit is coming" has been renamed to "Account credit hold is coming". (CR-470)
Added Customers Closed Charges Report
In the Operator Control Panel, the Customers Closed Changes Report has been added. Operator can set the range of dates and request the report on the email. (CR-548)
Implemented tags support for the Microsoft Azure serivce
For the Azure service added support of the tags in the Operator Control Panel and Customer Control Panel. Now you can filter the statistic data using the tags that were created in the Microsoft Azure panel. (CR-535)
Improved the billing of the Micrisof Azure service
The Azure service billing has been improved so that now the maximum available price for a resource in the price list is used when the resource has different prices depending on the consumed value. (CR-568)
Added initial support of Azure RI
Initial support of Azure RI (Reserved Virtual Machine Instances) has been implemented:
- For debits for all reserved resources, the platform sets the zero price and a special flag.
- In the Operator Control Panel, in the Debits and Consumed Resources lists, for the Azure service, the Reserved (RI) column has been added.
- In the Customer Control Panel, in the Statistics table, for reserved resources, the Reserved label has been added.
- In the consumed resources reports, in the Operator Control Panel (Debits and Consumed Resources reports) and Customer Control Panel (Statistics report), the Reserved (RI) column has been added. (CR-498)
Improved notification events
In the Operator Control Panel, for Managers, a new notification event has been added. The "Billing day has come" notification event includes consumption statistics for the linked customers and selected Plan Categories (for example, Azure) during the previous billing period. (CR-531)
In the Operator Control Panel, it is possible to configure the notification event in order to remind customers to top up the balance before the expiration day to make sure that they have enough funds on the Account Balance for their auto-renewing subscriptions. The required amount of funds in the notification can be set as the subscription renewal fee or as the difference between the current renewal fee and the current balance. (CR-614)
The "Guaranteed payment will expire" notification event has been added. Operator can set the number of days before the actual expiration date when the notification will be sent. (CR-596)
Improved user experience in the platform
In the Operator Control Panel and Customer Control Panel, the default account type for new accounts now can be set by a Manager on the corresponding Account Type page. (CR-588).
In the Operator Control Panel, on the Plans page, the SKU column has been added. (CR-585)
In the Operator Control Panel, the SKU search now is not case-sensitive. (CR-587)
The auto-renewing algorithm has been improved. From now on, manually stopped subscriptions are not forced to auto renew in cases when the Customer has funds on the Account Balance including the Credit limit sufficient for auto renewing. (CR-566)
The sequential handing of orders has been improved including auto-renewing orders. (CR-569)
In the Operator Control Panel, in the Office 365 settings, Operator now can disable new tenants creation. When new tenants creation is disabled, in the Operator Control Panel and Customer Control Panel, during the Microsoft CSP subscription ordering, the "Creation of new Tenant temporarily unavailable" information message is displayed and for the subscription it is possible to use an existing Microsoft domain only. (CR-659)
API now supports simultaneous using both Prepay and Postpay models for different subscriptions by the same customer:
- Get Subscription Info by ID, Get List of Subscriptions, Get Account’s Subscriptions by ID methods now can handle information about payment models of subscriptions.
- Create an Account, Get Account Info by ID, Get List of Accounts now can handle information about payment models of customers.
- Create an Order method now can be used to set the payment model during a subscription ordering.
- Update an Account method now can be used for changing Credit Limit and Financial Blocking Threshold. (CR-470)
The following issues have been fixed: AB-18770, AB-19098, AB-20058, AB-20093, AB-20344, AB-20386, AB-20435, AB-20439, AB-20479, AB-20563, AB-20636, AB-20685, AB-20688, AB-20701, AB-20702, AB-20703, AB-20705, AB-20717, AB-20726, AB-20735, AB-20748, AB-20757, AB-20805, AB-20845, AB-20846